Friday, May 13, 2011

Peace and Quiet!!

What do I hear??? Nothing, absolutely nothing! No whiny kids, no husband asking me to do something for him, no dishwasher running. I have complete peace and quiet...at least for the next 24 hours :)

Pete took the boys up Snoqualmie Pass and met up with Daniel and his boys for an overnight hiking trip. Pete and Daniel have a goal of going out for a hike every weekend as training for their week long hiking trip they're going on later this summer. To compromise, every other weekend they will take the boys with them. This is the first hike of the year for the boys, and both of them were excited to go. And of course I'll miss them, but I was so happy once they left! It's so nice to get a break. I'm not doing one ounce of cleaning. I stocked the kitchen with a few of my favorite snacks (the best part about that? I don't have to share tonight! lol). I got caught up on the season finales of two of my favorite shows. I splurged for dinner. Since Pete has the car, I walked to the hole-in-the-wall teriyaki joint down the road for some take out. Afterwards, I ran myself a hot bubble bath while I read a bit. It was nice not having the kids run in to disturb me for one reason or another. To finish off the night, I think I'll scrapbook. The only downside to having Pete and the kids gone is I stay up way too late because I hate going to bed alone, and I want to make sure I'm extremely tired. But the plus side to that is I can sleep in as late as I want. I don't expect them home until after lunch time, so I'll still have plenty of quiet time tomorrow. I'm so loving this! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment