Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

I had a very nice Mother's Day this year. I was able to start the morning off by sleeping in to nearly 9am! When I woke up and headed out to the living room, Pete was cooking up some breakfast. He made me pancakes, bacon and hashbrowns. I opened my gifts the boys made me at school. Clifford drew me a picture and wrote "I love you mom. Happy Mother's Day". I had Clifford tell me about the picture he drew, and I got a good chuckle. The picture was me swimming in a hottub. Above was Clifford with a whip, saving me from an alligator that was going to eat me :) Kristjan made me a keepsake box with his picture on top of it. Inside the box was a bracelet he made for me. I loved the card he gave me as well. His teacher asked him questions about me and here's what he answered:

"My Mom"
My mom likes to go shopping
My mom likes to wear red dresses
My mom's favorite thing to eat is yucky food
I like to help my mom clean the house
My mom likes it when I help her
My mom doesn't like it when I be rude
I like it when my mom is happy with me
My mom makes the best dinner (macaroni and cheese!)
I think it is funny when my mom laughs

I relaxed the rest of the day. Pete did some dishes and took care of the kids. For dinner he smoked up some bbq ribs while I fixed baked potatoes, baked beans and corn on the cob. For dessert we had "white trash tiramasu". It was a very nice Mother's Day, and I'm so grateful to have my two boys!




No comments:

Post a Comment