Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Weekend

Pete and Daniel, with all four boys, went out on their second annual "guys only" backpacking trip. They went back up to Middle Fork Snoqualmie River. Pete had a much better camping experience this time around with our boys compared to last time, with the exception of Dominick and Clifford picking on each other. One of the nights Clifford slept with Pete in the hammock. Another night, Kristjan got up to go to the bathroom without anyone knowing. I guess he got out of the tent and walked a ways to go pee, then got back into the tent all by himself. On one hand it's nice knowing he wasn't afraid to do this, but on the other hand it was scary to think about in the event if something happened to him. Pete made sure Kristjan understood to not do that again without Pete. The boys found some really cool rocks, and hiked them back down the trail with them. I didn't get too many more details about the trip except that they all had fun.

As for me, I enjoyed a quiet, but busy, weekend. I cleaned up the house so I could carpet clean every room. I was able to fit in some 'fun' as well. I scrapbooked, took a bubble bath, watched some movies as well as started a new tv series, and read in my current book from the library. It really felt like a vacation for me!















No comments:

Post a Comment