Saturday, May 21, 2011

Imagine Children's Museum


There is an "Imagine Children's Museum" up in Everett. I would describe it sort of like the Science Center, but tailored towards toddlers and little kids. Clifford had been there for a birthday party a year ago, and it looked like a lot of fun. I've always wanted to take a family trip there, but never got around to it. I have a list of summer activities I'd like us to go and do this year, with this museum being on the top. Lucky for us, as I was looking at their website earlier this week, I found out that on Friday they were having free admission for families from 5:30-9pm! I was so excited about this. Friday evening we ate an early bbq dinner so we could take advantage of arriving early (and luckily no traffic on I-5!). It was a lot of fun. A bit crazy with the boys, as they liked to run from one section to another before I had a chance to take everything in. Pete, being the engineer that he is, LOVED the place. I honestly think he had more fun than the boys. It was hilarious to watch him, to see how intent he was when building something. We're thinking of maybe buying a membership to there. You could spend hours there, exhausting the kids out!

At this section, there were cards with pictures on them and you tried to build a replica of the picture. Even with directions on the back of the card, I couldn't figure out how to build mine. So I just built some tall tower. Pete, however, loved this section. He stayed behind working on his card while I went with the boys to another section. I had to actually go back and drag him away! He did successfully build his.


In the farming section, kids can actually milk a cow! (with water instead of milk coming out)


Pete deep in concentration trying to figure out the best maze set-up.
There was a huge playground up on the roof. The boys could spend hours up there playing!





The "Dino Dig" section was pretty cool.

Here's the water station. Pete would walk around each station, eyeing it to try to figure out what needed to be done. A little girl even accidentally sprayed him in the face with water. Clifford and Kristjan lost interest long before Pete did.



Pete trying to be a sound effects dj

No comments:

Post a Comment