Friday, May 20, 2011

Mr. Popular

Clifford is one popular boy at school, not only within his kindergarten class, but with the older kids too. At the end of the school day you can hear older kids saying 'Hey Clifford!' Plus all the kids in his class and the other kindergarten class are always saying 'hi' or 'bye' to him (depending if he's coming or going). When Pete and I went to his first teacher conference, we were a little worried about how he was doing. After all, he is a Nielsen (haha). To our surprise his teacher told us that he's very popular, and the kids constantly choose him as a partner or to do something for the class. She said she has to remind the class that it's "someone else's turn".

Clifford is also popular with the ladies, especially with little Bella in his class. We've learned that she has kissed him on his cheek a few times, and her and her friends will sometimes chase him at recess. At the end of the day, she's always saying "Bye Clifford!" over and over until he acknowledges her.

So yesterday as we're walking home from school, Pete and I see Bella running across the grass field towards us yelling "Clifford! Clifford!" until she got his attention. She wanted to tell him "bye, see you tomorrow". A few seconds later she comes back over and asks him if he's bringing a toy tomorrow to class (for 'free play'). And the whole time Clifford is talking, he's using his deep mumbled voice, which he uses when he's trying to be cool or grown up. Bella finally takes off for good, and Clifford comes to walk with me and asks "mom, you know what I want to tell you?". I said "sure, but you know what I want to tell you?" He replies 'what?' I smile and say "Clifford and Bella sittin' in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" He gets all embarrassed and runs ahead. Pete and I are cracking up, and Pete gives me props for that.

Next school year will be interesting to watch, with two Nielsen boys attending the same school :)

No comments:

Post a Comment