Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Graduation Day!!

Kristjan is now a preschool graduate!!!



The graduation ceremony was so sweet. I made sure Pete and I showed up early so I could get front row seats (last year at Clifford's I was in the very back). The kids sang their favorite songs. Pete and I were cracking up laughing because the class would be singing, then you could hear Kristjan signing loudly, just a few beats behind everyone else. They also sang 'The Hokey Pokey', which each child grabbed one of their parents to join them up front. Pete was in charge of photography, so I went up with him. After all the songs were sung, the diplomas were handed out. When Kristjan's name was called, I clapped as loud as I could and shouted "whoo-hoo!" Kristjan posed with his teacher for a picture, then sat back down. He looked so grown up with his graduation cap on w/ the little white tassel!! Gifts and flowers were then passed out to all the teachers from us parents to show our appreciation for all their hard work and love they showed the children. As happy as I am that my boys are done with preschool, it is bitter-sweet. No more "Nielsens" will be going their anymore. And the school itself is wonderful, as are the teachers.

After the ceremony, we headed to the park for the class picnic. For each end-of-the-year picnic, I let each boy pick out what they would like for their lunch. This year, Kristjan picked a turkey sandwich, bbq chips, fresh strawberries (with powder sugar) and pineapple, and homemade cookies. We ate and Kristjan ran around playing with this friends. The teachers put together a little bucket full of little gifts for the kids. Kristjan picked his up, gave his teachers one last hug, and then we headed home to pick Clifford up from school.

Singing and Dancing!





Kristjan and Chloe!

Time to get his diploma!!




Enjoying our picnic!
Kristjan and Morgan (one of his best buds)
Kristjan and Mrs. O'Connell. Such a lovely teacher!
NOW the very last set of projects. Kristjan had a few more at school that were being used as decorations for the graduation

No comments:

Post a Comment