Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Visit from a Friend

So my last blog post was me venting about how much I need a break from my kids. My prayers were answered last night. In the late afternoon I received a text from my friend Grace, who needed a place to crash for the night. Her mom was in the hospital over here at the University of Washington and was having complications (luckily, everything turned out ok and her mom was discharged this morning to go home). I of course said she could come stay here. I wish the circumstances for her visit were for happier reasons, but it was still wonderful to see and visit with her. She arrived after 10pm, and we stayed up until past midnight talking. The next morning we had a light breakfast and chatted some more. It may not have been a long visit and I may not have gotten away from the kids, but the short time she was here was a nice mental break for me. And I love my relationship with Grace. We can go months without talking or seeing each other, and everything between us is still great. When we do get together, we talk forever to catch up with each other's lives. I'll see Grace a bit more this summer, as she'll be staying over on the westside (I believe) a few days each week until August to help her mom with chemo treatments. Pete and I will provide dinner, or just a nice break, once in a while when she needs to get away for just a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment