Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Over Stimulated

This is my current Facebook status:

is it wrong of me, as a parent, that my first concern when i hear my child cry after getting hurt is "oh man, is this gonna be a hospital trip?" instead of "are they ok?" or does that mean as a mom of two boys, i've already had my share of trips to the hospital?? :) lol

Kristjan just came in the house ten minutes ago crying hysterically. He had slipped off from hanging on a tree branch, scraping himself on his wrist and under his chin (and if you know Kristjan, you know how hysterical he cries and wants a bandaid, even for a simple paper cut). I grabbed a wet wash cloth to clean him up and a bandaid, then send him on his way. Seriously, not even two minutes later, he's back running to the house crying hysterically again. This time, he somehow scraped his knee. I repeat the bandaid process and send him on his way again. This time, I have the first aid kit right next to me on the couch, just in case.

Prior to this, I dealt with the boys fighting and punching the other in the car. Before that? Dealing with Kristjan constant needs and his never ending "mom" "mom" "mom"...seriously, every five minutes. And don't even get me started on the most horrible tantrum I've ever witness Clifford act out last night, and having to deal with that. This is all I've dealt with in less than 24 hours.

Really?! I am so over-stimulated, it's not even funny. The only thing saving me this week is Clifford has school all day two days this week. And I really am glad that Pete is having a great time on his trip, but I can't help but be a little jealous of all the fun things he gets to do and see. Pete views this trip as a 'work trip'. I, of course, view it as a vacation. When is my turn????

I need a break. Anyone want to give me one????? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment