Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

We had a nice small Father's Day celebration for Pete. I made him a piping hot breakfast this morning, which included eggs, hashbowns, bacon and sausage. Clifford made him a cute card, with pictures of them hiking and sleeping in a hammock together. Kristjan gave him a new shirt, with a picture of trees and mountains with "Get Lost" written underneath. Pete relaxed while I did little things around the house, and I also helped type up some camping recipes to help him get organized for his big upcoming backpacking trip. We pretty much relaxed the entire day. For dinner, we picked up some KFC (it's been years since we've ate it!) and I boiled some fresh corn on the cob. For dessert, per his request, I baked a homemade cherry pie using fresh cherries, which was so yummy with vanilla ice cream. Pete even complimented me on my homemade crust, saying it's the best I've ever made! We spent the rest of the evening all cuddling on the couch watching movies. The boys and I are so grateful to have Pete. He is a wonderful, involved father to our two boys. I couldn't have ask for a better man!

No comments:

Post a Comment