Sunday, June 12, 2011

Happy Anniversary

Today is our 7 year wedding anniversary. We unfortunately were unable to celebrate our anniversary this year. Pete flew out this afternoon to D.C. while I'm at home taking care of the house and and kids. As I type, Pete is still high in the air, awaiting his destination. He won't get to his hotel room until after 10pm (7pm our time). I'm already frustrated with the boys. It's not like their behavior is any different with Pete gone. It's just now I don't have another adult around to help give me a break here and there. So the boys have been bickering and arguing and not listening. As for me, today I cleaned out the inside of our car, cleaned the patio, watered the garden, all laundry washed and put away, dishes done, took kids swimming, and straightened up my bedroom and bathroom. I'm exhausted. And the kids won't be in bed for another 2 1/2 hours. Not exactly how I wanted to spend my anniversary day. One of these years we will actually get in and plan something, even if it's something simple as dinner and a movie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment