Friday, June 10, 2011

Nine Years Ago Today...

Nine years ago today Pete and I went on our first date! Every year on this date I reminisce about it. Pete thinks I'm silly to make such a big deal about it, as he only cares about our wedding anniversary (which I'm actually lucky he cares for that lol). And every year I tease him that he should care and this date is important. Without having a 'first date', we would never have gotten together. He just rolls his eyes, which is fine with me. It's like a yearly 'routine' we go through :)

I was 19 and he just turned 24. He picked me up for our date driving his parents car, dressed in cargo pants, a hawaiian shirt and his golfer hat (I thought he looked cute and silly all at the same time). I wore my favoriate purple blouse and jeans with my hair super curly, thinking I looked hot and sexy (haha). We went out for chinese dinner and then to the movies to see "Sum of All Fears". I remember we held hands at the movie. At the end of the date he kissed me goodnight. He was such a good kisser (and obviously still is)! I remember being excited and couldn't wait for our next date....

Ahhh....good times, good times :)

Here are some pics of us during the dating years. I didn't realize that most of the pics of us together are mostly from hiking trips. Enjoy :)



No comments:

Post a Comment