Monday, June 6, 2011

That Time of Year Again

It's that time of year again where Pete heads out of state for a work convention while I am left behind to be a 'single mom' for a week. This Sunday we will drop Pete off at Sea-Tac so he can attend AWWA, which is being held in Washington, D.C. this year. He'll be there until the following Wednesday at noon. Shortly after that, my dad will then drive out there to pick him up and take back to Virginia to visit with my dad and siblings. I'm a bit jealous of this in particular. Not only would I love to go visit D.C., but also visit with family who some I've only seen once my whole life, and some who I haven't met at all. I told Pete to take lots of pictures. He'll then fly back home that Saturday. I need to work this week on making sure everything is packed and ready to go for him. It sucks too that he is leaving this Sunday, which happens to be our wedding anniversary. I was hoping we could at least celebrate it this Friday or Saturday, but we don't even have a babysitter lined up to watch our kids to even think about planning something. Oh well....

No comments:

Post a Comment