Monday, December 29, 2014

(Attempted) Backpacking Trip

Peter has been itching to get out and hike one more time before this year is up. I had promised him that on our way home from dropping the boys off in Yakima that we would go. Of course, a few days prior we were watching the news and the weather report called for 18-34 inches of snow on the Pass. UGH! It's hard enough to convince me to camp in the cold, but it's even worse to do it in the snow. I just don't like it. BUT I told him I'd go, and I was sticking to it. When Saturday morning rolled around for us to leave Yakima, I was dragging my feet a bit to get ready for the day. It was just soooo cold out and as the reality neared for me to do this, I just wasn't very enthused about it. We decided that as we drove home, we'd scope the area out to see just how much snow there was (there actually wasn't really any where we wanted to hike). We made a stop at a gas station near North Bend. It was at that point where it was now or never to make the decision. So we decided to do it. We drove all the way up to the trail head for Snoqualmie Lake, got dressed in our camping clothes in the car, and ventured out in the rain at around 3pm. We hiked for a good hour until we decided this wasn't going to work. There was just too much rain and the chances of finding a decent spot to put our tent up was slim to none. To make ourselves feel better, we decided that we'd call it good, consider this a fun adventure, and just go back home to enjoy a warm, relaxing night. At least we tried :)

No comments:

Post a Comment