Friday, December 12, 2014

Thanksgiving

We had a FABULOUS Thanksgiving this year! After going back and forth on whether we should go out of town to spend the day with family, we made the executive decision to stay home and have it with just the four of us. And we're happy we did! In the back of my mind I was worried the holiday wouldn't be much fun (long weekend stuck in the house together, kids fighting, boys [Peter included] just playing video games all day and not helping with the meal, etc), but I was wrong. We started the morning off with me whipping up a hearty breakfast. We then spent the afternoon playing both video games AND board games together as a family. And then Peter and I made our Thanksgiving meal together, with it being 98% completely homemade (next year my goal is to make the dinner rolls and cranberry sauce from scratch, making it a completely all homemade!). That's a big deal for me, since I grew up on boxed mashed potatoes and Stove Top stuffing, and canned veggies. And everything was delicious! We happily stuffed ourselves from our amazing meal, followed by pie a slice of homemade pie. The rest of our holiday was spent on the couch together.

Peter and boys enjoying their breakfast
 Sheeba just chillin'
 Getting the turkey prepped
 Kristjan working on a very important task
 Us playing a game of Risk...boys caught on to the game for the most part
 Carving the turkey!!! It was DELICIOUS.
 Our Feast
 Full plate.....
 ....empty plate
 And last but not least, dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment