Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Snow Day

A few weekends ago we attended an event called Snow Day at Gold Creek Community Church. The church hauled in a huge pile of snow and set up a sledding area for kids. There was also a zip-line (which we ALL went on!! I terrified!), go-carts, Reindeer petting zoo, story time and crafts. We had soooo much fun! Before arriving and actually seeing what this event was all about, we had intentions of only staying for maybe an hour. But then we saw all the fun activities we could do. Plus we took advantage of grabbing tickets for the zip-line and go-carts to guarantee a specific time on those, so it kinda required us to stick around. I believe we stayed for about 4 hours, and we still didn't do everything they had to offer. Now that we know this exists, I'll be sure to add it to our holiday to-do calendar for next year :)

For the go-carts, they had two age groups. One for actual go-carts and one for a glamorized big-wheel. Kristjan was right at the cut-off for the two age groups. And Peter didn't even think about it when he grabbed two tickets to just fib about Kristjan's age so he could ride a go-cart. Poor kid. He got done riding and says to me "that was embarrassing!" It was kind of pitiful LOL
Clifford's turn on the go-carts
I wanted to get a pic of Kristjan with Queen Elsa, but he wouldn't do it. I even bribed him with getting some cotton candy. Clifford heard this and took me up on that offer. I even got a great smile out of it!!
 In line for that cotton candy!
 I don't remember what the issue was, but here's Clifford pouting. This is happening...A LOT. 
Here we are at the top of the tower for zip-lining!!! Boys were so excited! I, on the other hand, was terrified. This was definitely out of my comfort zone. Boys went first, then Peter and I. Peter made sure I stepped off first. My eyes were open at first but then I quickly shut them. I didn't scream too bad, I guess. I couldn't wait until my feet touch the ground. The gentleman who was at the bottom to unclip us smiled at me and cheered. And then the other guy whose job was to unharness us said "I think you screamed louder than the kids. (great....haha). We ran into our friend Anne and her boys just before heading to the tower for this, so she ended up taking video of us. If I get a copy, I'll share it later :)



No comments:

Post a Comment