Wednesday, June 18, 2014

My Reign Is Over

You may be wondering why there's a picture of a pink binder....well, that is the PTA Secretary binder that has been in my possession for the last two years. Yesterday I had to drop it off at the school. My time on the PTA Board as Secretary is over. Technically I'm in the position until July 1, but I don't foresee being needed between now and then. The new Board for next year seem to already be moving on with planning for next year. I'm sad. Seriously. I really loved my position and all the work that came with it, and there was a lot. It was the busiest two years. In fact, this past year people joked that I was the acting President because the actual President of the PTA was hardly around (due to his work schedule). Everyone came to me and I made sure things got done. And it was awesome!! I loved knowing everything that was going on in the school and what was coming down the line, and getting to know the school staff. Along with all the other volunteering I did that wasn't PTA related and being Room Parent for both boys, all the staff at least knew my face and said "hi" to me daily. I had plans to transfer into the President role once my two years was up (per state rules, an individual can only be in there position for 2 consecutive years before taking a one year break from that specific position). I was THIS close to having obtaining that position....but then we had to move. So now I have to start all over again at a new school, slowly make myself known and what I have to offer. It took me four years to get to where I am at Martha Lake, as far as making friends with parents, getting acquainted with staff and knowing how the school itself functions (I will forever remember the copy machine code lol), so I'm not sure how it will go with the new school. Pete thinks I'm over reacting....I'm just sad. It was nice having something to do with my time besides doing laundry and dishes everyday. I suppose it will be nice to not be so busy...at least in the beginning :)

No comments:

Post a Comment