Wednesday, June 18, 2014

End-Of-Year Class Parties

Yesterday both boys had their end-of-the-year class parties, which I helped organized. Since the parties were taking place at the same time, I had to bounce back and forth between classrooms. Luckily I had a few parents in each class to help me out. For Clifford's, his teacher Mrs. Marks (who has been on maternity leave since April) came in to do a class activity of making gak, oobleck, and play dough. I was in charge of the gak station, which had about 10 students who wanted to make it. I was a little exhausted at the end lol. Afterwards it was time for treats. For Kristjan's class, Mrs. Brown gave each student a mini beach ball to have classmates sign. Kritjan and another student were given a normal size beach ball since they were moving away to a different school. They as well enjoyed treats after that activity. I passed out teacher gifts towards the end. Mrs. Marks saved hers to open in private, while Mrs. Brown opened hers in front of the class. She loved the personal gift I gave her, and especially loved the class gift that I worked on with the students last week. She started crying, which then got me crying. I have to say, I absolutely adore both teachers. I was part of the interviewing process last year and knew immediately they would be great teachers. Then to actually have them teach my boys was wonderful. I wish my boys could have teachers exactly like them for the rest of their school days...that's how highly I think of them. I never once dreaded going in to help them out (I have to admit, I have had that feeling with certain teachers in the past once I got to know them). I will honestly miss going in weekly to help them with whatever they need. I'm just grateful that the last year at Martha Lake was with outstanding teachers :)

Teacher Gifts: 
First 3 pics are the personal gift I gave the teachers; the 4th pic is the class gift to the teachers; the 5th pic is our gift to Kristjan's speech teacher; and the last pic is the class gift to Clifford's substitute teacher who replaced Mrs. Marks while on maternity leave.
I spoiled all the kids with both cupcakes AND cookies! Lots of compliments were given :)
 Mrs. Marks explaining how to make oobleck
 Clifford feeling each one to see what he wanted to make
 Me helping a group of boys make gak
 Mrs. Marks gifts to the class...isn't it cute?!
Mrs. Marks and Clifford...she was wonderful with him. 
Kristjan's class signing their beach balls
 Kristjan with his beach ball
 Mrs. Brown and Kristjan....he LOVES her!! 
 Mrs. Brown opening her gift from the class
 Kristjan and one of his best girl friends Bailey
 Kristjan and his girls! (Marley, Bailey, and Ashlyn)
 Kristjan and his girls (again) and his best bud Cameron
 And these are my gifts!! I felt so loved. 
1st Pic: On the left is a gift from the PTA President. The gift on the right is my gift from Mrs. Marks
 This gift is from Mrs. Brown
 And this gift is from Bailey!! I was so surprised and touched by it. Inside the card she wrote "you are awesome!" She is such a sweet little girl. And I get a kick out of her, as she absolutely LOVES my baking. She still talks to me about Kristjan's birthday cakes I make. During the class party, another student complimented me on the cupcake and cookies. Without missing a beat, Bailey said "As always." :)

No comments:

Post a Comment