Monday, June 29, 2015

Snoqualmie Lake

For Father's Day weekend (and as our June backpacking trip), we hiked to Snoqualmie Lake via Dorothy Lake. It's been almost two years since I was last at the lake, and I honestly wasn't looking forward to going back since that's the lake where I sliced the bottom of my foot. Peter promised me the spot we would stay at would be fine and that I had nothing to worry about. And he was right :)

Peter took the Friday off of work, so we headed out late Thursday afternoon. The nice thing about going out on a Thursday is you beat the crowds and the chances of a primo campsite are high. By hiking the route we did, we had to pass three other lakes (Dorothy, Bear and Deer) before reaching our destination. The hike in was great. Towards the end, we were all starting to get tired, and my knee was starting to bother me. At one point Peter offered for us to stop for the night at Bear Lake, but I didn't want to pack up our gear the next morning for more hiking. I prefer to get to where we want to go and stay. So I convinced them to trek on, which I'm glad we did since we made it to Snoqualmie Lake in under an hour from when Peter made that offer. The lake was gorgeous (I wish we had brought fishing poles to keep us busy...fish were jumping everywhere!). The spot we camped at was lake-front property! We stayed there for two nights. We originally planned on staying until Sunday, but decided we would leave Saturday and see if we could find a spot back at Dorothy Lake for night, otherwise we'd just hike out all together. The hike back to Dorothy went surprisingly fast. We did find a spot, and even set up camp for the night, but spur of the moment after eating a late lunch, we decided to pack back up and head home. It was a good weekend :)

Day One: Made it into Snoqualmie Lake sometime after 8 pm. 
 Day Two: Spent our time doing a little bit of this, a little bit of that (playing card games, Clifford attempting to start a fire, boys playing in the water). The weather was off and on with some rain.
 Day Three: Woke up to sunshine! After breakfast (and Peter taking a quick dip into the lake), we packed up and made our way back to Dorothy Lake.
  
 (at the very top, overlooking Snoqualmie Lake)
 (Deer Lake)
 (Bear Lake behind Peter)
 (camp life at Dorothy Lake....before packing up again to end out completely)
 (Peter's point of view of us floating on Dorothy Lake)
 (Clifford's point of view of us floating on the lake)

No comments:

Post a Comment