Thursday, June 18, 2015

Burke Museum Field Trip

Last week I was fortunate enough to tag along with Clifford's class for a field trip to the Burke Museum in Seattle (I was also signed up to go on Kristjan's field trip the week before that, but had to miss out due to Clifford being home sick. I was a little bummed about that). I was in charge of 5 kids, Clifford being one of them. We toured the lower and upper section of the museum, as well as made a craft. We enjoyed lunch outside in the sunshine before making our way back to school. The school volunteer paperwork strictly said no photos were allowed to be taken while on field trips, unless using a district camera. It wasn't until halfway through the field trip that I saw all the parents and teachers disobeying this rule, so I figured "what the heck" and took some of my own. I only managed a few good ones, mainly because the four other kids I was in charge of were a bit of a handful and had to have eyes on them at all times. Oh well. It was still fun to hang out with Clifford for the day :)

Clifford and I enjoying our bus ride
 Clifford working on his fish trap craft. The second pic is what a traditional fish trap looked like, and they worked on making the smaller of the two.
The mask that inspired the Seattle Seahawks logo
 The first dinosaur bone recently discovered in Washington State

No comments:

Post a Comment