Tuesday, June 9, 2015

School Music Performances

Both boys have been busy in their music classes at school. Clifford's grade studied African drums. [His music performance was actually back in January, but I never got around to posting about it (oops), but since Kristjan had his a week or so ago, I figured I could play catch up :)]. Kristjan's grade started their introduction to the recorder and used it in their music performance. Actually, grades 3-5 practice the recorder.  So Peter and I have had the pleasure of having both boys practice at home (yay for us!).

Here's Clifford the night of his music concert. Each class in his grade level sang a song, then did a song playing drums and the xylophone. Clifford was on the xylophone.  
 
 Boys practicing the recorder one day after school. Kristjan seems to be more musically inclined than Clifford.
 Here's Kristjan a few weeks ago before the start of his music concert. He was nervous he'd mess up. He did a great job! I'm a little bummed my pics of his performance turned out blurry. Parents were instructed that doors to the gym would be locked until 6:45 pm. We showed up 5 min early and half the seating was already gone! So much for trying to follow the rules...I'll remember that for next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment