Monday, July 25, 2011

A FUNtastic Weekend!

The sun FINALLY decided to come out for us! What better way to enjoy it than to spend the entire weekend outdoors. We started off with a day hike Saturday. Daniel and his two older boys, as well as Gordon 'n Michelle and Nic Parker, met up at our house at 8am. We caravanned up Stephen's Pass to hike at Dorothy Lake. Everyone was impressed with Michelle, who is seven months pregnant and didn't complain once on the hike! We found a rocky spot at the edge of the lake to hangout and have lunch. Everyone played in the water. I tried my best to avoid getting in the water as the water hadn't quite warmed up yet that early in the day. Pete had other plans for me. He tried shoving me in the water. At the time, I was sitting on a rock and I tried my best to hang on, but Pete succeeded in shoving me in. I'm sure everyone everyone visiting the lake could hear my screams. The only satisfying part of this experience was seeing Daniel shoving Pete in the water immediately after I went in. Damien's goal for the day was to catch frogs, which he did numerous times. While Daniel and I hung out on the rocks, everyone else ventured off to a close by island for a little while. Later on Pete tried some rope to our inflatable boat and let the kids take turns going out on the lake. Dominick was pretty good at rowing. In the late afternoon we decided to pack up and hike out. The drive home seemed to take forever. It was way past dinner time and we were all starving. Everyone met back up at our house, and we had some delicious papa murphey's pizza for dinner. Spending the day with awesome friends and family was a fantastic start to our weekend!










Daniel and his boys ended up spending the night at our place. Amazingly, everyone slept in until 9am. For breakfast I made everyone homemade waffles, topped with some homemade strawberry syrup and canned pears (pete's parents sent the boys home with a sample of canned items from when they visited). After I spent some time getting everyone motivated, we headed to Picnic Point to spend a few hours at the beach. The tide was up, so we couldn't go down far on the beach. Still, we found a nice sandy spot. The boys spent their time in the water trying to catch jelly fish. Daniel and Pete acted like two lazy old guys, sitting under our sportsbrella in the shade the entire time. I divided my time between laying out, looking for sea shells, and going out in the water with the boys. We came back home in the late afternoon. Daniel and his kids immediately took off for home so he could avoid traffic. As for us, we spent the rest of the day relaxing on the couch and watched Ghostbusters. We were all so exhausted, we couldn't wait for bedtime. We were so happy to have a warm, sunny weekend. It was much needed : )










No comments:

Post a Comment