Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Rattlesnake Lake


Last Saturday we met up halfway with Daniel 'n Jessica 'n boys in North Bend to spend the day at Rattlesnake Lake. Jessica's sister Britney and her three kids joined us as well. None of us had ever been to this lake before, and we realized we'd been missing out on a great place to hang out with the kids! This will definitely be our new go-to lake, especially when hanging out with Daniel and his family, since it is a halfway point between our two houses. The boys had so much fun playing in the lake the entire day. There were tree stumps and one actual tree in the water where the boys could climb up on. I don't typically care to go out in lakes (if the tiniest twig or fish were to brush up against my leg, I panic and scream like I'm dying), but for some reason this lake wasn't so bad to go out in. I even carried Donavan out in the the water a ways to get him used to it. He loved bending over to splash the water. We lucked out with grabbing a nice spot with a picnic table and shade to set up our bbq and pack 'n plays for the babies. Daniel and Pete bbq'd up some delicious steaks and corn. It was such a relaxing day....until I got sick. Shortly after dinner, I could feel it in my stomach. I think it was a combination of spending all day in the hot sun and something I ate. I was hoping I could make it until I got home, but my body was having none of that. As we were loading up our car, I couldn't take it any longer. I walked away to find a secluded bush and threw up (remember my post from last weekend about how Clifford threw up? we're setting a record here on how many weekends in a row a family member can get sick). It was so bad that the next day my ribs were sore and it hurt to breath! I told Pete we needed to hurry home because I could tell my being sick was going to last a few more hours. We drove home with me sticking my head out the window like a dog, just letting the fresh air hit my face on the freeway. We had plans to go on a hike the next day, so Daniel and his two oldest boys followed us home and spent the night. Everyone in the house but me stayed up late, having fun, while I went to bed.

I took a few pics of us at the lake, but not as many as I would have liked. When I bent down to put Donavan in the edge of the water, my camera fell out of my pocket and into the water. So unfortunately the camera stopped working. I seem to have a habit of ruining our cameras by getting them wet. I wasn't too sad this time around, since I really hated that camera and have been wanting an excuse to get a new one :)







No comments:

Post a Comment