Thursday, July 21, 2011

Allergies Part II

The school nurse replied back to my email. All is good. She explained that after mailing out the paperwork she came across all the forms that I had already turned in. She said she's not used to dealing with parents who are so on top of things. Sadly, most parents wait until the last minute to complete everything for their child. Instead of a huge stack, I only have four papers to fill out, one of which needs to be taken to the allergist. This is a relief. All I really need to do in the next few weeks is pick up an extra epi-pen, albuteral inhaler, spacer and benedryl. The forms said everything needs to be a prescription. I inquired if benedryl really needs to be, or if I can just purchase it over-the-counter (I think our allergist mentioned to us once that it would cost more to buy it as a prescription). We'll obviously do what is required, but it would just be much easier to buy it without a prescription. It'll feel good to have everything complete so there'll be no delays for Kristjan to attend school :)

No comments:

Post a Comment