Friday, August 5, 2011

And they're off!!!

Today's the day! Pete, Daniel, and Nic Parker left for their nine day backpacking trip from Stevens Pass to Snoqualmie Pass. The three of them stayed up late last night packing up their gear. Then this morning, as I was getting dressed, Pete came in to tell me that both Daniel and Nic couldn't sleep much because they were too excited for their trip. I laughed and said "they're like a bunch of kids on Christmas morning!" (which is exactly what Jessica said to them as well!). I got in and made them a hearty breakfast consisting of eggs, hashbrowns and bacon. Then it was time to pack up the car. Jessica stayed behind at my house watching all the kids while I went with the men to drop them off at the top of Stevens Pass. As of 10:30am, they were officially off on their hike. This is gonna be tough for me. Not only am I home taking care of both boys by myself, I have no way to contact Pete for nine whole days (at least when he's away on work, we can text or call each other). And I hope everything goes well and they return home safely. Next Saturday Jessica and I are to await their phone call to go pick them up. We're also to stop and pick up McDonald's for them. They each gave me their order before leaving :)

After they packed everything up, they weighed themselves, and then again wearing their backpacks. They're going to weigh themselves again when they return from their trip and compare to see how much weight they lost :)

Peter: 185lbs and carrying a 45lb pack
Daniel: 250lbs and carying a 50lb pack
Nic: 190lbs and carrying a 45lb pack

The guys getting their gear ready



Pete packed and ready to go

Made it to the top of Stevens Pass and getting their packs on

No comments:

Post a Comment