Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter


Easter weekend was long, busy and super fun. After school on Friday, I took the boys to see "How to Train Your Dragon". It was a fantastic movie. All three of us enjoyed it. I didn't do the 3-D version for us, but it was still great. We got home in time for me to straighten up the house a bit before Jessica and her three boys showed up. Since Pete and Daniel went out camping, I invited her over to our place. They ended up spending the night. We loaded up all the kids and headed to Walmart so she could do some Easter shopping. On the way home we picked up some thai food for us and pizza for the kids. Not sure what exact time all the boys went to bed (I mean 'sleep'); all I know is it was late! The next morning we got everyone ready and headed out for an Easter Egg Hunt in Mill Creek. It was the first time going to that one, and I enjoyed it better than all the other ones. There were bouncy houses, games and face painting. The boys had a car painted on their face with the color they picked. For the egg hunt, there were two different ones. The first one was for kids under 5 years old, separated by age. So Kristjan and Damien went first. Then a half hour later was for the older kids. However, Jessica and I were exhausted at that point, so we let Kristjan and Damien go again with Clifford and Dominick. They came home with lots of hershey kisses. Once that was done, we treated the kids to happy meals and let them run around in the play area. Jessica had plans for a massage and to go out later that day (she was going to drop off her kids at her mom's), but she couldn't get ahold of her mom. So I offered to watch her two older boys and have them spend the night. After Jessica and the baby went home, I took all four boys swimming for a few hours. Think they were tired after all of this? Nope. I think it gave them MORE energy. I fed them dinner, and then we started dying easter eggs. When that was done and over with, and everything was cleaned up, I made popcorn and we watched E.T. I had them in bed by 8pm, but of course they didn't fall asleep until much, much later. Once they were finally passed out, the "easter bunny" paid a visit. The next morning, I was up early getting myself ready. The boys didn't wake up until 8am. We spent time looking at what the easter bunny brought everyone, had cinnamon rolls for breakfast, and got washed and dressed to go to Aunt Janet's for an early dinner (I ended up picking up Dominick and Damien some polo shirts to match my boys). Hanging out at Aunt Janet's was tons of fun. We just all relaxed, talked, ate and watch kids do an egg hunt. The boys and I left her house I think around 4pm to go pick Pete up. Like I said, it was a long, exhausting weekend, but it was lots and lots of fun!!!!





















No comments:

Post a Comment