Sunday, April 25, 2010

Cookie Monster


Last night Kristjan woke up with his first 'bad dream'. I think it was after midnight when Pete first heard Kristjan crying. He went in to check on him and then came back to bed, saying that Kristjan had a bad dream. We went back to sleep. Shortly later, I woke up to Kristjan practically screaming in his room and crying! Thinking something serious happened, I jumped out of bed to check on him. I found him sitting up in his bed crying hysterically. I hugged him and asked what was wrong. He said he "dreamed about cookie monster, and cookie monster was chasing him and trying to eat him like a cookie"! He said this word for word. I comforted him while trying to keep my laughter inside!! I felt bad that Kristjan had a bad dream and was clearly upset by it, but to hear him say that was hilarious!! (or maybe it was because I hadn't had much sleep yet and it was the middle of the night). I got him calmed down and back in bed. That didn't last long because a half hour later Kristjan was awake crying again. Pete ended up bringing him in bed with us where he slept (peacefully) the rest of the night.

When Kristjan first described his dream, I thought 'what a weird thing to dream about-we don't even watch Sesame Street'. So I couldn't figure out where he got the idea of Cookie Monster from UNTIL I remembered the cartoon we watched earlier in the day. Cookie Monster made a 'cameo' appearance in the cartoon. So now I wonder if Kristjan is going to be terrified of Cookie Monster whenever he sees him (like those afraid of clowns). We'll see. At least Pete and I got a good chuckle out of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment