Monday, June 6, 2016

Hello Sunshine!!!

We just got done having an amazing, sunny weekend!! Peter was again suppose to go out backpacking, this time with his buddy Gordon (instead of the usual bbq party, he wanted to head out into the woods). Unfortunately, he had to cancel his plans again. Instead, he spent all day Saturday and Sunday at work, like 10 hours each day! [He's been having issues with the robot welder for a long time, which is why he's had to go in on the weekends a lot, but Peter believes he figured out what the issue is and has hopefully fixed it]. But even with Peter working, we were still able to enjoy most of the weekend. 

On Friday, Peter and James got off work early, so our two families hung out. Kids swam while the adults tried to cool off by sitting in the shade. We grilled our dinner over the firepit and finished the evening with homemade choco-chip ice cream sandwiches for dessert. Just before our friends left, the boys went off to do their own thing with their friends. A group of Clifford's friends stopped by to see if he could hang out, and in the end he ended up spending the night at one of their houses. As for Kristjan, he ended up having the neighbor girl and her friend she had over for some swimming and s'mores. By 8:30 pm, Peter and I were exhausted and went to bed!

On Saturday, Peter went to work and Clifford went to some car show with his friend, so it was just Kristjan and I for a bit. I worked on a few small projects around the house. Later in the afternoon, while both boys were home and getting zombie-fied by video games, I finally took my first dip in the pool! It was amazing. Then by the late afternoon, the boys and I piled into the car. Kristjan had a birthday party to attend, and Clifford and I were headed to a pool party at Anne's. It wasn't until I made it out of the driveway that I realized we had a flat tire. Great! After making a few phone calls, I was able to have Anne's husband come over and put the spare tire on. Luckily, Kristjan made it on time to the party, and I got to relax in Anne's pool for a bit before having to pick Peter up to come join us. 

On Sunday, I got to sleep in!! I told Peter not to wake me before 8 am, so I didn't get to see him at all before he headed off to work. Once I was motivated for the day, I went out to do some yard work before the temperature got too hot. By the early afternoon, we were all locked up inside trying to beat the heat. After dinner it cooled off enough for me to get back out to do a few more things in the yard and around the house. As for Peter, he was exhausted. I feel so bad he had forfeit such a great weekend for work, but fingers cross this will be the last work weekend for a while!

Me enjoying the sun (and some peace 'n quiet) before everyone came home for the day
 Kids cooling off in the pool
 View from the deck. Our yard is starting to look pretty good!
 Clifford was happy to play catch with both Peter and James
S'mores Time!
 This pretty much sums up how we were all feeling by the end of the evening.
On Saturday I took advantage of Clifford being out of the house. He'll have his 5th Grade Celebration in a few weeks, so I got in to make him a candy lei and organized the party decor I bought.
 Enjoying another day of swimming, this time at Anne & Erik's
 Clifford made himself a fort using water toys to protect himself during a water gun fight
 All the boys took a break from water gun fights to have a nerf gun fight
 Here Peter is explaining to the boys how to make a delicious hot dog
 There was a huge fire on the waterfront in Everett. We were shocked to see the plume of smoke making it down our way in Bothell!

No comments:

Post a Comment