Sunday, June 19, 2016

Father's Day Weekend

My Father's Day gift to Peter was a family backpacking trip. We headed out to one of our favorite places - Dorothy Lake. We intended to stay our the whole weekend, but the weather didn't want to corporate. Though we were prepared for the rain, the idea of staying stuck in our tent/hammock for a whole day didn't sound like much fun. So we packed up and headed out Saturday. We still had a great time. The sun was out for a while on Friday night for us to enjoy the gorgeous views of the lake. Clifford is starting to get into fishing, so he spent his time practicing casting the fishing pole. Kristjan walked around looking for tadpoles. This was Chewie's first backpacking trip, and he did pretty good. We had a good laugh as we watched him chase bugs that buzzed around in the air and him trying to eat them.

Family pic before starting our hike
 Made it to Dorothy
 Peter and I slept in hammocks while the boys were in a tent
 Chewie FINALLY slept the next morning. He was very curious and active all through the night. For me, it felt like having a newborn. I was worried he'd run off, so I only slept in spurts. When I wanted to get a small chunk of sleep, I'd pass him off into Peter's hammock so he could hold and watch Chewie. But overall, Chewie did really good for his first time.
 Good Morning!
 Sheeba stayed under our hammocks the entire time. The only dry spot.
 Chewie giving Peter kisses
 Our campsite before we packed up
 Rainy day
 Exhausted
 Happy Father's Day Peter! I got in and made him a scrumptious breakfast, and then let him spend the entire day without me bugging him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment