Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Soccer Season Starts!!....er, I mean, is ALMOST OVER!!

Well, I'm a bit behind on this. I originally started to write up this blog post back in the middle of September, as the first half of the title suggests. But then with trying to juggle work, soccer, and life in general, time quickly got away from me and I never finished it. So now we are three weeks away from the end of the soccer season!!

So far it's been good. We signed both boys up this time around. I was hoping they'd both be on the same team, but they group boys by grades such as 2 & 3, 4 & 5, etc. (there's hope for you next year). Practices are scheduled as such:  Clifford Mondays from 5-7 at one school and Kristjan M/T from 5-6 at another school. So Mondays are bit hectic for us since we're dealing with work, school, homework and soccer. I'm just grateful Peter is a good sport to help me out with this. As for coaches, both boys have good ones. I ended up stepping up and volunteer myself to be "Team Parent" for Clifford's team. I figure out the snack schedule, order trophies and plan the end-of-season party. As for team names, Kristjan's team call themselves the Sounders and Clifford's team call themselves the Green Dragons. Peter and I have fun cheering both boys at their games. Though we do admit that we prefer Clifford's games over Kristjan's. Clifford's team seem more cohesive and the boys seem more aggressive, which makes it so much fun to watch :)

Kristjan and Clifford on their first day of practice
 Some misc pics from the Jamboree. It's basically a "warm up" game for everyone before the official start of games. Side Note: the pic below is Kristjan with Marley, who was one of his best (girl) friends from school last year. They ended up on the same team together!
Some misc pics of Kristjan and Clifford during one of their games...
 A bit hard to tell, but Clifford made a goal here!!! His first one ever!! 
 He was all smiles after his goal kick :)
 And then towards the end of that game, it dumped rain and thunder 'n lightening was right above us!
 Attempted to be Goalie last weekend...he's much better on Offense




No comments:

Post a Comment