Friday, December 20, 2013

Let it snow, Let is snow, Let is snow!

Today was suppose to be the last day of school before the start of winter break. Well, snow was in the forecast...and snow it did! Of course, living over on the Westside, everything shuts down with just a light dusting of snow. I received two emails and a phone call from the school district saying school would be canceled for today due to "dangerous road conditions". I rolled my eyes and went back to bed. If we were still living in Yakima, we'd scoff at this amount of snow and kids would go to school. Now, I completely understand why everything shuts down (the steep hills!!), but it's still comical to us. So our winter break has started a few hours early. Clifford suited up to go outside and play in the snow with his friends, while, sadly, Kristjan is feeling under the weather(poor boy!). We're being lazy today. The beautiful snow is now wet and mushy. I reinstated our Netflix account. Clifford is zoning out on video games with a friend. Kristjan is sleeping. Pete is working. And I'm catching up on blogging. Other than Kristjan feeling sick, it's not a bad start too our vacation! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment