Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Volunteer Luncheon

This afternoon Pete and I attended the volunteer luncheon at the boys' school put on by the Martha Lake staff. Teachers send home invites to those parents who have helped volunteer in the classroom/school during this school year. I ended up receiving 3 invites from both boys' teachers and the speech therapist (yea, I'm bragging lol). Pete received one as well from Clifford's teacher. The food served was delicious!! I would love to figure out which teachers made certain recipes so I could request a copy! The school choir came in to sing to us as well. And the principal Mr. Trexel gave a little speech and thanked all of us for all we have done. Pete and I both agree that it feels so rewarding to help out at the school. It's a great feeling when you walk down the hallways and kids know who you are and smile 'n wave to you. We look forward to doing it all over again next school year. I received these flowers from Mrs. Castelle (Kristjan's teacher)

No comments:

Post a Comment