Friday, June 29, 2012

I.NEED.A.BED!!!

It's been a while since I've had a good night's sleep. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the fact that Pete and I don't have a bed anymore. We once had a waterbed, which Pete found on Craigslist for free. He really, really, really wanted it. Whatever. We had it for a few years. It wasn't that bad to sleep on. We just started getting tired of it. Then one day a few months back Pete found a brand new Coleman Queen Size Double High Air Bed at our favorite Goodwill for $20. Sweet deal! And it was surprisingly comfy. Until a few weeks back. It started leaking air. We'd go to bed with it fully inflated, but ended up on the floor by morning. We've been playing that game for a while now. Pete finally took the time a day or so ago to search for the hole. He found it and patched it up. Yay!! Sadly, either the patchwork didn't work or there's another hole somewhere because come Tuesday morning, we were flat on the floor again. I was ticked because I was really looking forward to some good sleep. I ended up getting out of bed..I mean the floor, and slept on the couch. We've now resorted to our pull out bed in the living room. Yay!! (sarcasm). I'm hoping Pete will take the time this weekend to patch up any more holes there might be in the air mattress and that it will work. If not, I don't know what we'll do. I don't want to continue sleeping on the pull out, and we really can't go out 'n buy a new bed...especially since we know all the medical bills for Kristjan's surgery will start rolling in soon. Blah...

No comments:

Post a Comment