Friday, February 3, 2012

What's that bright thing in the sky????!!!

It's the sun!!! Yes, the sun decided to pop out for the entire day here in the Seattle area. And it was even warm enough outside to crack open the kitchen window and leave the back door wide open without freezing. It felt so good to let some fresh air circulate in the house. Both boys were home from school today as it was a teacher professional day, so as soon as all three of us were dressed for the day, I kicked them outside!! They got to ride their bikes and scooters. I scrubbed down their plastic picnic table, and then proceeded to organize the patio storage. I can't stand being unorganized, so I dragged containers into the house and went through them. This next weekend I hope to buy a few more shelving units like we're using in our spare room and put in the outside storage. My goal is to have the storage all organized and be able to easily access any container at any time. I was excited when I saw Pete come home early from work around noonish (he'd put in a lot of extra hours at work with salesmen being in town all week from across the U.S.). After he relaxed for a few minutes, he put on a pair of shorts and helped me clean up outside. Late in the afternoon we decided to bbq for dinner, so we made a quick trip to the store for some hot dogs and buns. The boys ran around playing with friends while Pete bbq'd our dinner. Everything was great. We were able to leave the door open until late in the evening when it finally started to get chilly. I hope the rest of the weekend continues to be as nice!

The boys think that just because the sun is out, that it's warm out and can wear just a tank top. They even asked us if they could go swimming in the lake today! Anyhow, these pics are of the boys digging on the side of the house


Pete dressed in flip flops and shorts while cooking our dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment