Saturday, February 18, 2012

Party Time!!

Kristjan celebrated his 6th birthday a few days early with his friends. He decided he wanted a "Kinect" party like Clifford. We bought a new game just for the party. On the menu was corn dogs, cheese pizza, strawberries, chips and juice. Kristjan wanted a car cake. A few weeks back I had him pick out a few new hot wheels that we would use to decorate. I googled online for some picture ideas for decorating, and found one I liked. The cake design was a hit! Present time went smoothly. Our gift to Kristjan was the new Disney Universe xbox game (he loved playing the demo). The party was a blast!! It continued on late into the evening even after his school friends left. Our neighbors whom we invited stayed a few extra hours. Kids ran around playing while adults chatted. We didn't go to bed until after 11:30pm!!! I think that's the latest we've ever let our boys stay up. By the time we were tucking them in, they were breaking down in tears from being so tired!! I comforted them and explained it was because they were tired. Through their tears and yawns, they argued "But I'm not tired!!" They ended up sleeping in the next morning past 9am...no, I don't think they were tired at all! :)















No comments:

Post a Comment