Sunday, February 19, 2012

Reptile Zoo

One of the many adventures on my list of things to do with the boys has been to visit the "Reptile Zoo" in Monroe. I've been wanting to do this for a few years now, but we've just never took the time to say 'ok, lets go'. That's just what we did on this cold Sunday. We invited our co-worker Allison and her son Michael to come along with us. We met at the zoo and began our tour. We had a lot of fun. We learned lots of new facts on various snakes, spiders, alligators/crocodiles, etc. We were able to pet the shells of moving turtles/tortoises, as well as hold a baby turtle in our hands. We also were able to hold non-poisonous snakes. Clifford and Kristjan didn't want to hold the snakes, though I think they quickly touched one just to get a feel. I, however, did hold one. It was scary!!! I wouldn't say I have a fear of snakes (my fear is towards spiders), but when I was given a snake to hold, my heart started racing and I got very nervous. I couldn't believe how adventurous I was to actually agree to hold a snake!!! And the funny thing is, the boys wouldn't hold a snake, but they paid the $5 fee each to hold a baby alligator!! They were all excited for that. The gal helping out even took a picture of the boys holding it as a souvenir. After our tour of the zoo ended, we headed across the parking lot to enjoy a delicious lunch of bbq on a bus. That was an adventure in itself. We ordered our food at one bus, then climbed aboard another one to sit and wait for our food to be delivered. The boys thought this was awesome. The food was delicious. Pete said it reminded him of traditional bbq you get down in Texas (of course, he would know that! lucky guy). All three boys finished eating before the adults, so we let them run around outside in a field where we could see them out our windows. Afterwards, we said our goodbyes to Allison and Michael, and headed home. I'm so happy we finally made it up to the zoo. I can now check that off my list and plan on a new adventure to take the boys on :)





























No comments:

Post a Comment