Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Feast (Part 4)

We concluded the Thanksgiving holiday by making our now-traditional trip to Aunt Janet's house for a delicious Thanksgiving meal. When you go over to Aunt Janet and Uncle Tom's house, you're always guaranteed a warm loving welcome, great company with aunts, uncles and cousins, hilarious family stories, and scrumptious food. And that's just what we got on our visit today. It was so much fun! I spent time with Gavin and Joani (Michael and Tara's children). They typically run away from me or ignore me (since they really have no idea who I am), but this year was different!! Gavin talked to me, and he LOVED hanging out with Clifford and Kristjan (he reminds me of when Clifford was that age; acting like one of the 'big' boys). And Joanie would come up to me to hold her on my lap. Those two kids are sooo cute! Michael had to work, but we were able to visit with Tara. Uncle Tom had to work as well, but he came home right before we left to head home so we were at least able to say 'hi'. Daniel 'n Jessica and their boys came as well. Jessica, Franie and I looked at the Black Friday ads and chit-chat. Everything was laid back and enjoyable. The pie I made was a hit, as was the corn dip. Before we left, Aunt Janet gave us a family Christmas gift. It's mainly for the boys, so I took a peak. LOVE IT!! Thank You Aunt Janet!!! (I think I'll let them open it early during their xmas vacation so we can keep busy on crafts). Franie also knitted me a scarf, which I LOVE as well. I'm always grateful for gifts received, but the best gifts are those homemade. All in all, it was a great day and a great end to our Thanksgiving holiday!!!

Cuddling with Joani
Aunt Janet showing Gavin the cards Clifford and Kristjan made her
Pete and Joani
Cousins eating their turkey dinner
Clifford and Kristjan on Thanksgiving

No comments:

Post a Comment