Friday, November 4, 2011

Infected Mushroom Concert

Last month tickets went on sale for Infected Mushroom playing at the Showbox Market in Seattle. With me now having a job and bringing in a little extra play money, I was able to purchase tickets. I sat at my computer and bought 2 tickets at exactly the moment they went on sale. I was giddy with excitement!!! The tickets arrived a few weeks ago. And TONIGHT was the night of the concert. I arranged for both boys to spend the night at Clifford's friend Xavier's house. So after we got ourselves ready and dropped the boys off, we headed down early to Seattle. For the 21+ crowd, you could get in to the bar 2 hours prior to the start of the show, and that is just what we did. We arrived in Seattle a half hour before the bar opened, so we stood outside waiting. As we were waiting, out came Amit Duvdevani (the lead singer for Infected Mushroom!!) to use the phone. According to Pete, I had the most excited, dorkiest smile on my face when I said hi to him and asked how he was (yea, I probably was a dork because I then turned to Pete and giggled like a school girl haha). The bar finally opened and we went in to chill for 2 hours. We split a meal and had a few drinks. Number cards were passed out to all of us in the bar. When your number was called by the bouncer, you were able to get in the concert before the doors opened up for the under 21 crowd who had to stand out in the freezing cold. We, of course, received a #1 card, so we made our way to the stage. Pete and I were at the front of the crowd the entire concert. I basically hugged the huge blaring speaker that sat on the stage in front of me. The entire show was fantastic, especially once Infected Mushroom performed. I even touched Amit Duvdevani pant leg a few times when he got close!! (yup, I'm a dork! haha). The band still had an hour of performing, but Pete and I ended up leaving because we were so dehydrated and tired from dancing for 4 hours straight. The next morning came way too quick. Sadly, Pete and I realized that we are getting too old for concerts....at least doing what we did last night. We may now have to join the 'old' crowd and sit up in the bar while watching our concerts (haha). Our bodies are extremely sore. My knee is swollen and bruised from dancing up against the stage all night. And our hearing is slowly coming back after spending 4 hours in front of that blaring speaker. BUT we had a lot of fun!!! Our bodies just need to heal up so we can forget how old we feel afterwards before the next concert we attend :)

I UNFORTUNATELY didn't bring my FlipVideo, so I didn't get any pics or video. BUT on Infected Mushroom's Facebook page, some pics were posted. In most of them you can see me and Pete in the front row :)





No comments:

Post a Comment