Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Stevens to Snoqualmie 2011, attempt #1

As I posted previously, the guys had to cut their backpacking trip short due to there being too much snow. They made it a whole 3 days. I drove up Stevens Pass that Monday to pick them up (that was an ordeal in itself, since there was no sign directing me where to turn off for a particular forest service road). When I finally met up with the guys, they tried convincing me to drop them off down the road a bit so they could continue on their trip using a different pathway. I said "Heck NO!" Between the ordeal of driving up to pick them up and the boys' behavior, I needed Pete home. I had already mentally prepared my brain for Pete to come home. And I told Pete if they attempt to do this again next year, he HAS to make arrangements to send our boys down to visit his parents during that time so I can have a break too (seriously, Clifford and Kristjan's behavior was awful!!! I don't know if it's their age or a new stage they're going through, but it sucks). Here's pics from their trip. I don't have Pete next to me as I write this post, so I'm going off memory as far as any description I write on pics.











If you know Daniel well, you know he loves fishing...and is very competitive...he's so proud of his fish! :)



Nic caught a fish! (I think Pete did too, but he didn't get a pic of it)


They took this pic to show what they came upon...
..and this is when they decided they can no longer continue on their hiking trip


The guys stayed at Lake Hope their last full day camping. They nicknamed their campsite Lake "No Hope"




Tunnel Creek Trailhead. This is where I was to meet them to pick them up. There's no sign off the main highway to direct you to this place. On a hunch, I actually drove down the correct road, but after driving for 15 minutes and not seeing anything, I ended up turning around to look elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment