Saturday, August 6, 2011

Nielsen Family Reunion 2011

Last weekend we headed down to Westport for the annual Nielsen Family Reunion. As always, it was a blast! The weather was great until Saturday night, when it started raining, then cleared up just as we were leaving on Sunday. There was an abundance of delicious food. And of course, the company was fantastic. Days were spent playing on the beach or walking around in the town. At night, we gathered around the fire while sharing family stories. The weekend went by too quick. As for next years reunion, Aunt Janet will reserve the same campsite. But she will officially pass on the planning baton to me!! She knows how much I love planning, and I think she wants a break. I, of course, am already planning and thinking of things. I'm recruiting Jessica to help me. Daniel wants to bring back a Nielsen Men fishing trip, which my understanding is they used to do this in past reunions. So he and Pete will be working on planning that. I'm excited! Can't wait until next summer's reunion!
























No comments:

Post a Comment