Saturday, January 8, 2011

Cable

As of Wednesday, we now have cable tv! This is the first time ever since being married that we have had cable. No more antennae. No more downloading (well, at least not as much). For years I've asked Pete if we could get it, and his answer has always been no. A few weeks before Christmas Pete answered our front door to 'Frontier' door-to-door salesmen. They gave their little speech and Pete decided to switch our home phone and internet from Comcast to Frontier-AND cable! It was my Christmas gift from him. I couldn't believe he did this after years of refusing. So Frontier came to our house and hooked us up. After having it only a full day, Pete decided he wanted to get rid of it; he felt like he was already getting lazy from watching too much tv. I reminded him this was MY gift from him. I'm enjoying it, though honestly I haven't actually sat down to watch much until the evening time (I will prove Pete wrong: my butt will not expand from me sitting on the couch all day! haha).

Having cable is a new concept for the boys too. They have no understanding of what commercials are. When a commercial comes on they say "my show is over, turn on a new one". We have to constantly explain that their show isn't over, they just need to wait a few minutes. Or they'll ask us to 'pause' it so they can get something from their room, or ask us to restart the show if we turn one on in the middle. They're just so used to only watching movies or downloaded shows where the commercials are eliminated. With Frontier, our cable is a month-to-month contract, so we can cancel anytime. Hopefully not too soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment