Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Kristjan Learns to Swim


For a while now I've been wanting Kristjan to learn how to swim-without his life vest. Every time Pete or myself attempts this, Kristjan just starts freaking out and cries. Today after Pete got home from work we all hit up the outside hot tub. I had Kristjan take off his life vest and told him that I wanted him to practice swimming. I figured since the hot tub is a smaller area than the pool yet still deep enough for him to swim that it wouldn't be an issue. Pete and I both reassured him that we would help him if he 'drowned'. We had him practice swimming from one side of the hot tub to the other. And he did it!! The boy can swim!! We just told him to relax and to not 'freak out' as he does. So now the life vest gets packed away. I'll have him wear Clifford's wetsuit for a while, since it helps to give a little bit of buoyancy in the water. I didn't think to bring the camera with us today, so next time we're at the pool I'll make sure to take some pictures of his big achievement.

No comments:

Post a Comment