Sunday, June 27, 2010

Heather Lake

Early Friday afternoon we headed up to hike to Heather Lake for our first family backpacking trip of the year. Pete and the boys had previously been to this lake over Memorial weekend, but this was my first trip there. The hike itself was pretty easy, although there were LOTS of tree roots and rocks poking up everywhere on the trail. I'm surprised the boys didn't trip and fall. Luckily there weren't any casualties on the hike, although on the way down I tripped and fell on a sharp rock. It poked my right butt cheek pretty good and made it difficult to walk later that day. The lake was pretty. There was only one other group camping overnight at the lake; the rest were just day hikers. Our camp spot was nice, with a little trail that led down to the lake. The only awful thing about this camping trip were the mosquitos. It never fails that I return home with tons of bites. Mosquitos love my blood. I don't think Clifford got bit, but Kristjan did. Poor kid-he takes after me. Other than the bugs, the trip was very enjoyable. We're already talking about where our next hike will be.











No comments:

Post a Comment