Sunday, October 16, 2016

Seattle Stormageddon

Yup, this picture pretty much sums up how everyone felt in Seattle.

The above picture cracks me up! For a whole week, the news was constantly reporting about a huge storm that was making its way towards us. People were prepping and planning for the weekend. At one point on one of my Facebook community groups I belong to, it was reported a Fred Meyer's was out of gas (!) or what stores still had flashlights or propane. I waited until Friday to grocery shop and fill up on gas, mainly because that was payday and I really wasn't too worried. Workers were busy restocking shelves at the grocery store while I was there, anticipating more rush of crowds coming in. As far as the weather, it was a little windier than normal which made the rain blow around like crazy. But honestly, it felt like any other Seattle day. I did notice that depending on what section of town you were in, the wind/rain was a little heavier than other parts. Anyways, the house got stocked with food and the car was filled with gas. And we waited for the storm to come. We passed the time with our friend Mike, who was visiting from Yakima. We watched movies, sat by the fire, went to Clifford's soccer game (they will NOT cancel games unless there is thunder and lightening....poor boys were soaked!). But the storm that was predicted never came. I'm not really complaining though. It was sooooo nice to sit around the house and do a whole lot of nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment