Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Disney - Day One

Disneyland is truly the happiest place on Earth!! As someone who grew up watching everything Disney and always wanted to go to Disneyland, this trip did not disappoint. I already can't wait to go back!!!

We spent the first day hitting the park up hard. We went on as many rides as possible. Thanks to having Mama and Papa with us, who would go grab Fast Passes for us, we were able to go on the popular rides multiple times. For me, my favorite ride was the Indiana Jones ones. The boys favorite was the Matterhorn and Thunder Mountain. Peter had a great time with everything, mainly because he was able to see the smiles and excitement on all our faces. 

Here are pics from our first day there.

We made it!!
 Awe, look, we still love each other after all that time together in the RV (lol)
 Characters started coming out for pics and autographs. We first hit up Mickey...
 ...and Minnie
 (Kristjan getting a kiss!)
 ...then Pluto
 ...and then Kristjan met Chip (black nose) & Dale (red nose)...
 ...Kristjan and I met Daisy....she gave me a kiss! I was told it was because I was wearing my Donald shirt. I then turned to her and told him I like him too. She gave me a "tsk tsk" lol.
 And then FINALLY....the moment I've been waiting for my whole life. I got to meet Donald Duck!!!! As soon as I saw him enter the park I ran to him, quickly beating a little girl who was hot my heels (lol). Donald grabbed my arm and we walked around the park over to where he was designated to stand for pictures. That was so awesome!!! We danced together. We posed for pics. And at the end, I asked him if I could ruffle his feathers. He happily obliged and bent over for me. I got to touch Donald Duck's butt!!! Dreams DO come true!
Dancing with Donald!
 Ruffling Donald's feathers!
Sadly, I had to leave Donald and let Kristjan have a turn.
 Don't I look cute?!
Quick family pose as we walk through the park
First ride we went on (Toy Story themed)
Kristjan and I didn't care for this ride...Obviously Peter and Clifford did
In line for Star Tours. We really liked this one and went on it multiple times.

Chewy was VERY soft
So sweet!
Waiting in line for Autopia (if I had to pick a least favorite ride, it would be this one)
Boys testing out their muscles in Tarzan's hut
Going on the Jungle Cruise. The gal who was our tour guide was hilarious.
Haunted Mansion. Did you know this ride and the Tour of Terror are the only two rides where Cast Members are not allowed to smile?
Posing for pics at Thunder Mountain. This was a fun ride. We even let the boys go on it one time together without us!
Seeing some wild life in the park
So pretty at night!
Oh boy, this ride. I think the pics explain it enough. I tried so hard to keep my eyes open each time I went on, but just couldn't do it (we went on a total of 3 times. The third pic is a real gem; that will be on the next post). I held on so tight on the handle bars. Maybe it they had seat straps or something I would have been a little relaxed.
Ahhh, the Tiki Room. Best ride of them all to take a seat and relax in an air conditioned room!
Mama and Papa spent hours camped out in front of the Magic Kingdom for the night time firework show. Unfortunately, they ended up canceling it due to wind conditions (lucky for us, we could watch the fireworks from the RV park on the evenings we were there).
Late in the evening we quickly wondered into ToonTown to check it out. We planned to return the second day for a more thorough examination.
Magic Kingdom at night
 Getting a spot for the night time parade. I really loved the parade. Peter recorded the entire thing on his phone, so I get to rewatch it anytime I want!! And I believe it was Belle who blew Kristjan a kiss (he was super excited about that!)
 Munching on churros (Kristjan's favorite!)

No comments:

Post a Comment