Friday, December 18, 2015

Snowflake Lane

 Last weekend we met up with Mel and James in Bellevue for dinner and to attend Snowflake Lane. Our little family arrived first, so we killed time by walking the mall. The Xmas decor, particularly the big Christmas tree right in the middle of the mall, was gorgeous. And their Santa station was pretty cool looking. Kristjan made sure I got a pic of him with Santa's reindeer in the background.
 As soon as we met up with our friends we headed over to Cactus for dinner.
 From reading posts online, it was suggested to arrive early to Snowflake Lane in order to get a decent viewing spot. So we did, but there was already quite the crowd lining up when we got there. Peter, Mel and Clifford figured they had some time, so they went to Starbucks. Unfortunately, the show was about half over by the time they made it back. They were still able to view it on their way back, but I was bummed I didn't get to have Clifford there with me and Kristjan to enjoy it (I'm sure Clifford isn't heartbroken about it lol). The show itself was about 20 minutes long. Cast characters walk up and down the street greeting kids throughout the performance. Drummers and dancers put on the show, with Christmas music blaring loudly. There's even snow (just bubbles, but the effect was still fun). All in all, Kristjan and I loved the show. We danced to the music together. Kristjan made sure I took his picture with the characters that greeted him (especially the pretty princesses). The show was great to put you in the holiday spirit. I told Peter I'd like to add this to our Christmas tradition. He looked thrilled (honestly, he's a good sport and had fun too).
(Madeleine telling the princess how old she is)
 ("snow")
 (Clifford made it back just in time to take a pic with me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment