Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Hello December!

Over the weekend I (slowly) worked on decorating the house in Christmas decor. I typically have everything up the day after Thanksgiving, but between traveling home, grocery shopping, and plans with friends both Saturday and Sunday, I wasn't able to get anything done until Monday. Once boys were off to school, I quickly worked on emptying the storage containers, and shortly after lunch, both the upstairs and downstairs living rooms looked festive. I unwrapped all our tree ornaments and had them sitting out on the table so we could decorate as a family later that evening. Every year I give the boys a speech about how fragile the ornaments are, and how important they are to me, just so they know not to goof around when decorating. After all these years, even through the curious toddler years, none broke......until now :( . Over the course of decorating the tree, Kristjan dropped two of his. One of the two that dropped was his baby's first Christmas, which is unreplaceable. I was devastated! Kristjan could clearly see how upset I was, but after I took a few deep breaths, I reassured him I wasn't mad at him. Though Peter was able to save the day and fix both with some tweaking and the hot glue gun, you can still tell where the pieces broke off (Oh well, I'm sure next year it'll be a funny story to tell). We finished decorating in time to sit down to watch a family movie before heading off for bed.

 This years individual and family ornaments
 The perfect treat to go along with decorating the tree
 Our table full of ornaments
 Peter being a goofball. He exaggerated his happy dance as I brought out our treat :)


No comments:

Post a Comment