Wednesday, February 26, 2014

It's Great to be Eight!

Last Friday was Kristjan's birthday!! 8 Years Old!!! Fridays are one of my usual volunteer days, but I wanted to clean and decorate while the boys were at school, so I took the day off. I rushed about getting everything looking good, and when Kristjan came home at the end of the day, he was so excited! And he loved his cake!! He wanted the Disney's Frozen theme. I couldn't find any of the characters to put on top of the cake, so I told Kristjan that I might not be able to do the cake he wanted. But then one day after a quick search on Amazon, I found what I was looking for (and for about triple the price...oh well). I didn't tell him that I had found the toys, so I kept telling him that I would do the best I could. So when he opened the fridge on his birthday and saw the cake, he had the biggest smile on his face. And he thought it was pretty funny how I lied to him (lol I told him it was more of a surprise rather than a lie). His dinner request was teriyaki, so I picked up some take-out. Unfortunately, that same night we had a hockey game with the Cub Scouts to attend, so we had to rush a bit through dinner, cake and presents, but Kristjan still enjoyed his special evening!

Kristjan requested cake pops for his birthday class treat
The cake! 
Birthday dinner! Yum!







Presents!!



Make a wish!

Scout Night Out at the SilverTips Game!

No comments:

Post a Comment