Friday, November 2, 2012

Harvest Festival

Two days after the Cub Scout Halloween party, boys got dressed in their costumes again for the school Harvest Festival. I was at the school from 11am-4pm helping with set up in the school gym. Pete came later in the afternoon to help set up the Haunted Hallway(. When I got home, I got straight to putting makeup on my boys and the neighbor kids while my neighbor Sara cooked dinner for all of us in my kitchen before having to return back to the school at 6. After getting everyone ready, I didn't have enough time to dress up myself. And by that point, I was E.X.H.A.U.S.T.E.D! and didn't care if I was in costume. We headed up to the school. The festival started out with a huge glitch-no money in the money boxes! There was some miscommunication with the PTA Treasurer, so Shane (PTA President) and I ran around in a panic trying to get that situation fixed. After a half hour, the money issue got resolved and all was good. Pete continued helping out with the Haunted Hallway and I helped serve pizza for a bit. Boys ran around playing the various games and going through the Haunted Hallway numerous times. I finally got a chance to relax right when Gordon, Michelle and Caleb showed up. They drove down to join us. I was happy then to just be a guest and hang out with our friends. The festival lasted two hours. I stayed late to help clean up. I think I finally went home around 9pm, but my body felt more like 2am. I passed out asleep the second my head hit the pillow!

Just a small portion of cupcakes I baked and decorated the day before for the bake sale at the Harvest Festival

Here's the only pics I managed to get during the night



No comments:

Post a Comment