Friday, November 2, 2012

Happy Halloween

I started Halloween off by putting on a Harvest Party in Kristjan's class (I think it sucks we can't call it Halloween in schools in fear of offending someone). I'm the Room Parent for his class, so I arranged details for the party. A handful of moms came to help out. I put together two crafts for the kids: a spider (using cutouts of their hands) and a pumpkin (out of a paper plate). Afterwards, they munched on a yummy snack, which included pumpkin sugar cookies I made for them. The kids had a blast! Many came up to me and told me it was the best day of their lives!! Too cute!!

After school got out and boys finished their homework, they got into their costumes for a third time in a week. I did their makeup along with their friends. The neighbor boy from upstairs even came down and asked if I would do his. As soon as it got dark, we headed out for Shane's house. He invited us to join his family and a few others from school to go trick-or-treating in their neighborhood. It was a lot of fun and luckily the rain stopped long enough for our outdoor adventure. Pete and I liked this neighborhood. We passed lots of other families from school on our trek out. It almost felt like a school event for us. All the kids in our group lasted an hour before wanting to stop. When we reached back to Shane's house, we parted ways. Boys immediately dumped their loot out onto the floor. We took out any unsafe candy for Kristjan for ourselves. We let them eat a few pieces of candy before putting it away. This year we stopped doing the Pumpkin King, only because Clifford snooped in our room and found the toys I had bought for it (I was ticked!!). Oh well. They had fun, which is all that matters :)









No comments:

Post a Comment