Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Fun Run Fundraiser

Last Wednesday the boys participated in their school's Fun Run Fundraiser. The goal was for every child to raise at least $40 prior to the run. Then, on the scheduled date, the kids would run for 20 minutes after school while having their wristbands tallied to see how many laps they ran. To raise money, I had both boys call their grandparents as well as personally email a few of their aunts and close family friends asking just for $5 each. This worked out great! Not only did it make it easy on me (each day I had them personally type up the email and then I would type out what they were trying to ask for underneath), but family members were more than willing to give them $5 each (sometimes a little more), allowing them to each raise just slightly above the minimum requested. If the school does the Fun Run again next year, this is the way to go for my boys. Pete and I volunteered to help out on the day of the event. We ended up with the responsibility of 3 classes, Clifford's being one of them. Our job was to gather the students in the gym and bring out to the field. We prepped them on the run and then marked their wristbands as they made their laps. Sadly, with being busy with this, I was unable to take any pics of Clifford and Kristjan as they ran. I did manage to get one after the event, with their rosy cheeks. AND unfortunately, rumor has it that our school barely raised half of the total funds we were hoping for. I'll find out more info this Thursday when I go for the next PTA Board Meeting. If that's the case, more fundraising will need to take place if we want to be able to cover the expenses for this school year's numerous events. We shall see...

Getting our little group of kids pumped for the run!


Clifford and Kristjan after the run, ready to go home



No comments:

Post a Comment